- About Us
What is Regulation D (Reg D)?
How does Reg D affect my account?
When does the Reg D counter reset?
What types of transactions are counted toward the 6 (six) transfers permitted each month?
· ACH transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to another Financial Institution or third party for payment by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer, telephone agreement, order or instruction (e.g. IVR Telephone Banking or Online Banking, etc.).
· Withdrawal checks issued from a Savings or Money Market Account via IVR Telephone Banking /Online Banking when made payable to a third party
· IVR Telephone Banking /Online Banking transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to any other HFCU Account
· Automatic transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to cover checks, ACH, or EFT (overdraft protection)
· Checking Account debit card transactions which oOverdraft from a Savings or Money Market Account when funds in the Checking Account are insufficient.
· Recurring scheduled transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to any other HFCU Account.
What types of transactions are not counted toward the 6 (six) transfers permitted unlimited each month?
· Withdrawal checks issued via IVR Telephone Banking/Online Banking when made payable to the member and mailed to the member
· Any transfer for the purpose of repaying a HFCU loan
· Transfers among accounts of the same person when made by mail, ATM or in person
· Check Card transactions that don’t trigger overdrafts from Savings or Money Market Accounts
How can I make a transfer if I have exceeded Reg D?
· Transfer the money at an ATM
· Complete the transaction in person with a teller
If I have two Savings Accounts am I limited to 6 transactions for each account or 6 in total for both?
Do ATM transfers from Savings and Money Market Accounts count toward Reg D?