- About Us
January 28, 2019
At Heritage Federal Credit Union, we believe that our local communities are the lifeblood of creating change in our world and that lasting change starts with everyone doing what they can where they can. We support locally in many ways; one way is through investing in individuals and companies by lending money to help them prosper and thrive. Investing locally means helping to create more local jobs, sponsorships for community events, and encouraging entrepreneurs to open a business and serve a need. It also means supporting those who serve those in need through volunteering for non-profit organizations. We believe in rolling up our sleeves and giving our time. In 2018, we contributed over 2,700 hours in volunteering and we are always looking for new opportunities on how to give back.
We understand that you have a choice when considering which financial institution to trust with your finances. Sometimes it seems to make sense to go with the highest deposit rate or the lowest loan rate no matter where that online bank or brokerage house is located. You also should consider that your support of those institutions does very little to reinvest in your community, where banking locally makes more sense in the long term. According to the American Independent Business Association, a whopping 48% of each purchase made in your local independent businesses stays in your community. This is much larger compared to a mere 14% from chain stores. The same principal holds true with your financial dollars. Big banks or brokerage houses often use a community’s deposits to make investments in other regions or on Wall Street, not in the local economy.
If you want to see your local businesses survive and prosper which, in turn, contributes to your communities’ long-term health, one of the best things you can do is bank close to home at Heritage Federal Credit Union.
Banking with us offers several benefits:
• Lower Cost. We offer the same services as the big banks, such as credit cards and online bill payment. However, our rates and fees are typically better. The National Credit Union Administration, the federal agency that regulates federal credit unions, reports that compared to banks, credit unions typically offer higher interest rates on deposits, lower interest rates on loans, and lower fees.
• Better Service. We offer service that is more personal because we serve a smaller area than the regional or national banks. You can expect our tellers to recognize you, remember your name, and take time to answer your questions.
• Local Decision-Making. Loan approvals and other key decisions are made locally. We have an experienced local team who live in the community, have face-to-face relationships with our members, and understand their needs.
• Supporting the Local Economy. When you place your money in Heritage Federal Credit Union, you are not just helping to support your community – you are also helping yourself and your community thrive!
• Deposits are insured by the NCUA. Federally insured credit unions offer a safe place for you to save your money, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. The NationalCredit Union Administration (NCUA) is the independent agency that administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF).
At Heritage Federal Credit Union, we are committed to local, to our community and to you.