ODT* & ODT Plus*
From time to time we all have experienced that moment when the balance in our checking account is less than we thought. Perhaps you forgot to record a check, made an error in subtraction, forgot to transfer funds to pay your bills or just lost track of the balance. Having an item returned or denied due to insufficient funds can be costly, inconvenient, and potentially an embarrassing experience. At Heritage Federal Credit Union, we don’t encourage overdrafts; we encourage you to manage your ?nances responsibly. However, we want to save you from the additional merchant fees and possible damage to your credit history that might result if a transaction is returned. That’s why we are pleased to offer you our Overdraft Tolerance, or ODT & ODT Plus on qualifying accounts.
Included Services of ODT*
We understand that mistakes happen. When they do, we strive to pay your overdrafts on the following types of transactions:
- Automatic bill payments
- Preauthorized automatic debits
- Other transactions made using your account number
Included Services of ODT Plus*
ODT Plus includes all services included with ODT as well as:
- Everyday debit card transactions
*Overdraft Tolerance (ODT) and Overdraft Tolerance Plus (ODT Plus) are discretionary services. ODT Plus requires your opt-in. We may at our sole discretion limit the number of accounts eligible for ODT and ODT Plus to one account per household or per taxpayer identification number. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing. An account in good standing exhibits at a minimum the following:
- The account has been open for at least ninety (90) days;
- The minimum balance is maintained in the primary share as defined by the credit union;
- The account owner has not caused the credit union a loss through a charged-off account;
- The account owner is not delinquent more than thirty (30) days on all loan obligations with us;
- The account is brought to a positive balance within every fifteen (15) day period for a minimum period of 24 hours; and
- The account is not subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, such as bankruptcy or tax lien.
A fee may be imposed for covering overdrafts created by check, automatic bill payment, preauthorized automatic debit, one-time debit purchase, or other means. The fee may also be charged when covering an overdraft caused when there are insufficient funds because previously deposited funds are subject to a hold or uncollected. For each overdraft we pay, we will charge a per item overdraft tolerance charge of $30.00. In addition, we will charge your account a $3.00 per day “daily overdraft fee” after seven (7) consecutive days your account is overdrawn. The per item and per day overdraft fees count toward your ODT limit.
Go to main navigation