Price Protection can help you save money. If a member makes a purchase with a qualifying HFCU VISA® card (see below), and then locates a printed advertisement for the identical item at a lower cost within 60 days of the original purchase price, Price Protection can refund the difference between the original purchase price and the advertised lower price up to $500 per item and up to $2,500 a year per cardholder.
*Qualifying Heritage Federal Visa cards include our MyChoice, MyChoice+plus, MyPreferred, MyPreferred+plus, and our HELOC Visa cards. Members using these qualifying cards have no additional paperwork to fill out to enroll. They’re already enrolled in this coverage at no additional cost and are ready to save money.
*See complete program details.
How do I file a Price Protection claim?
Call the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-553-7520, or call collect outside the U.S. at 303-967-1096 within ten (10) days of the printed Advertisement showing your product at the lower price. You will receive a claim form with instructions on how to file your claim. Follow the instructions and return the completed claim form along with:
- The original itemized sales receipt
- The original Visa card receipt demonstrating that the entire purchase was made on your eligible card
- The original printed Advertisement showing the item, sale date and/or date of the Advertisement, lower advertised price, and advertising store name to:
Card Benefit Services
P.O. Box 2894
Great Falls, MT 59403
What is not covered?
Price Protection does not cover the following:
- Advertisements posted on the Internet
- Advertisements of cash-only sales, close-out sales, flea markets, fire sales, going-out-of-business sales, limited-quantity promotions, or liquidation sales
- Advertisements of sales of seasonal or discontinued items including, but not limited to, holiday decorations
- Animals and living plants
- Boats, automobiles, and any other motorized vehicles and their motors, equipment, or accessories
- Cell phone service agreements and cell phone contracts
- Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use
- Jewelry, antiques, and collectible items, rare or one-of-a-kind items, special order items, custom items, or tailored items
- Manufacturer and/or merchant rebates
- Perishables, services, consumables, and limited-life items including, but not limited to, rechargeable batteries
- Real estate and items which are intended to become part of real estate including, but not limited to, items that are hard-wired or hard-plumbed, garage doors, garage door openers, and ceiling fans
- Traveler’s checks, cash, tickets, credit or debit cards, and any other negotiable instruments
- Items purchased outside of the United States
- Items that are previously owned, sold “as is,” and/or refurbished
Additional terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please refer to your Guide to Benefits for further details.