The basics of checking accounts. Protecting yourself from check fraud. Keeping track of what's in your account. Saving time and money with your checking account.
Heritage Choice Rewards With Your Checking
You won’t find another financial institution in this area with a program like Heritage Choice Rewards. When you have a Heritage Federal Credit Union checking account and Express Check debit card, you earn points and rewards when you use your debit card for qualified purchases.Bonus of 100 points will be awarded to a member when they use their new Express debit card (reissued cards are not eligible for this bonus) for the first time after opening a new checking account. Earn one reward point for every two dollars spent on signature based purchases on your debit card. Redeem points for fun stuff like downloadable music, merchandise, gift cards, non-restrictive travel and cash back. Combine debit card and Visa points for even greater rewards. When you have a Heritage Federal Credit Union Express Check debit card, you're automatically enrolled in Heritage Choice Rewards.
Free Access Checking
If you’re looking for totally FREE checking, this is it.
- Relax with our no minimum balance requirement.
2nd Chance Checking
This account, also known as the Bank on Evansville Account, will create improved access to affordable financial services for those who have had difficulty in qualifying for a checking account.
- A $10 monthly service charge is attached to this account.
- Keep a $1,000 balance and earn preferred rate.
- Pay no per check charges, and no monthly fees when you maintain a $500 balance.*
- View online check images with online banking.
- Using the Express Check Card with this account will enable a member to earn Heritage Choice Rewards. See Express Check for details.
To help our young adult members get off on the right financial foot, we offer the Future Advantage Checking account for members age 24 and under. It's absolutely a no service charge checking.
- Free pack of 20 checks with account opening.
At Heritage Federal Credit Union we offer the Free Prime Advantage Checking account for members age 50 and better. It's our way of giving back to those who've given so much to family, jobs, community and country.
- Enjoy no service charge checking.
Money Market Checking
If you need to "park" some money where you can still access it on occasion, a money market checking account may be the answer.- Pays higher dividends than a regular checking or savings account.
- Minimum balance to open and to earn interest on money market checking is $1,000.
- Dividends increase for balances of $10,000 and $25,000.
- Make up to six withdrawals per month, by check, ATM, or Telephone Banking by Phone.
- No monthly service charge.
- No cost for checks.**
A checking account designed specifically for organizations that are non-profit. However, there is a $0.15 per check charge that will be assessed for each check over 150 cleared within a month. Community and church groups such as Boy Scouts, etc. should bring their organizational papers with them when applying for this account.
- Dividends are calculated daily and compounded monthly
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A deposit account for the purpose of saving money for health care expenses. To be eligible, an individual is generally someone covered by a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
All of our checking accounts offer these value-added perks of membership.- Free Online Banking
- Free Bill Pay Service
- Free E Statements
- Free Telephone Banking
- Fee Free ATM Usage
- Free Direct Deposit
- Heritage Choice Rewards (not offered on HSA)
Free Express Check Card Extras- Use anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted.
- Have payments deducted directly from your checking account.
- Use as an ATM card.
- Earn points redeemable for merchandise, gift cards, cash back and more through the Heritage Choice Rewards
- Eliminate the time spent writing checks.
Falcon is a program built to protect you from credit and debit card fraud by detecting activity outside of your normal spending patterns. Read these Frequently Asked Questions for more information about Fraud Scout and how it works.
*Merit Checking assesses a $5 monthly fee if the balance falls below $500 at any time in a month.
** For HFCU paid Prime Advantage, Money Market and HELOC check reorders placed online, Heritage Federal Credit Union will cover standard delivery only. All other delivery methods will be charged to the member’s checking account for which the order is being placed.
***Express Check limits at ATM and POS will be reviewed after
|Home||Contact Us||Locations||Rates||E Statement
|Free Credit Reports||Fee
|Privacy Statement||Agreements/ Disclosures|